In the last post I showed a little shohin from my last firing. In the kiln with it were another 5 pots.
Firstly there was another shohin. This one just 110 in diameter is for a little literati styled elm, although it might just be on the limit of 200 high It's a little round pot with a red-brown glaze I've used before but this time wound back the silica even further. I think it took a little sheen off the surface; just what I wanted.
Having made that change in the glaze at the same time I took the plunge and put it on a large pot; Pot no 101 at 467mm x 350mm x 81mm.
With these pots I have passed that 100 pots milestone - or at least 100 large pots. There have been another 35 shohins as well. I made my first pot in November 2010 and here I am three years later with the 100 milestone reached. Three years ago I'm sure I was dreaming of making 200 pots per year by my third year instead of the 50 that I have, but I'm not sure where I would have found the time or space let alone market to make that extra 150. I'm actually happy not to have; much better to enjoy the journey and drive what I'm doing rather than be driven by it.