Wednesday 23 January 2013

Post 68 And finally two more

Just to close out the pot discussion here are another couple from my collection, both currently in service but just tilted on their sides for the photos.







The detailed picture of the second pot shows a quite grogged - gritty - clay body. They are an attractive buff beige/brown colour and about 350 to360mm long. The workmanship is quite good and as you can see the pots are quite clean. Nothing more than a light wipe with a damp cloth for the photo. This says they are likely to be high fired and relatively impervious. I think they are Chinese.

 I've had them for many years and they've been constantly in use. These sort of pots, both in colour and shape, are good for a wide range of trees and styles. As I recall, I probably paid around $80 each for them at the time. Looking at them now they were a good buy and if you like a purely unglazed pot, albeit of unknown origin, they are a good choice.

I've just about got things back in order and ready to get back into the real world of making pots. Over ther last three weeks I've had a number of pots dry off and will have a bisque fire for 5 pots over the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear your advice, feedback or questions