Thursday 9 August 2012

Post 29 Misty Grey Pot

This is a pot I fired a little while ago but they always look different when they've been pressed into service so it's worth another viewing.


The tree is a ficus, called as I recall 'shorty'. It's not exactly in conformance with classic design principles but an atractive tree none the less. The grey of the glaze nicely complements the trunk / bark colouration. Here is a more detailed shot.


The glaze is a manipulation of Val Cushing's cone 6 base but was far too complex in its formulation to repeat here and besides I wouldn't use it again now that I have trialled  alternatives that I prefer. Interesting however is the additives combined to give the grey colour. It has 2.5% Copper Carb, 4% Titanium Dioxide and 3% Lithium Carbonate. I will use that group again some time in a base more to my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear your advice, feedback or questions